As an organization of foster homes without a bricks-and-mortar shelter, we transport our rescued pets to/from adoption events, meet-n-greets, vet appointments, new foster homes, and home visits. Consequently, gas costs are a heavy burden on our resources. Therefore, effective September 1, 2011, our adoption fees will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Please email or call for the fee if you're interested in a particular pet.
- You must be 21 years of age or older, with proper proof of age.
- Proof of your current address and telephone number.
- If renting or residing in a condo, you must show proof that you are able to keep a pet on the premises.
- All members of the household must be present for adoption.
- A home check is required by Cry for Help Rescue.
- Spaying or neutering of pets adopted through Cry for Help Rescue is required, if the animal is not already altered.
- When adopting a pet from Cry for Help Rescue, a legally binding Adoption Contract must be signed.
- If at anytime you are unable to keep the pet, or unable to provide it with proper care, it must be returned to Cry for Help Rescue by contacting (219) 678-6123
5 Easy Steps
1. Select Your New Family Member
- Review the list of our adoptable pets to learn more about each animal. When you see your new best friend, contact Jean Lazzaro at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 242-1931. Jean will answer any questions you may have. We'll share any known history, observed behaviors and veterinary treatment for the pet you are considering. We'll learn more about what you're looking for in your new pet to make sure your personalities will match!
2. Schedule Your Meet-N-Sniff
- Discuss a convenient time and place to meet. We prefer to meet at neutral places or adoption events where you'll experience no pressure.
3. Submit Your Application
- After you find your new companion the next step is to complete your adoption form and contract (links below). Submit your completed contracts for review.
4. Home Check
- After your approved, we'll arrange to drop-off your new pet and complete a home check. A home check is standard for any adoption and takes less than a half hour. We require the home check to ensure all our pets are placed into clean, safe environments.
5. One Week Trial
- We provide a one week trial before completing any adoption or endorsing any adoption donation. Our goal is to place our pets into forever homes and allowing you to have a test run is the best way to see how our pets will respond to you and your environment. If for any reason during that time you do not wish to move forward, you can arrange for a pickup no questions asked. If after the one week trial is over you feel it is a good fit, we'll provide you with the records and paperwork on your new family member and complete the adoption.
Cry For Help Rescue has a "no questions asked" policy which means that if at any time you can no longer keep your pet you can call us to arrange a pickup - no questions asked.
Animal welfare is our top priority.
Animal welfare is our top priority.
Successfully Adopting from a Rescue
Successful adoptions are critical to our goals. Rescue dogs are often excellent, but misunderstood dogs. By misunderstood we mean, most dogs are in the pound because they had owners who could not speak dog. Owners who didn't give the dog what it instinctually needed and in return they created a dog with issues.
The top two reasons a dog develops issues are lack of exercise and lack of leadership. Humans forget they are dealing with a canine animal and too many times do not give the canine what they need as that animal. When the dog does not act like that picture perfect image they had in their minds they assume they "didn't get a good one" and they "get rid" of the dog. The good news is since dogs live from day to day, meaning they do not dwell in the past or the future; it is absolutely possible to take a full grown dog and start over as if it is the first day of the rest of their life. Do it right and you will see a totally different dog than the owners who dumped the dog at the pound saw.
Before you apply to adopt from us, please read our Successfully Adopting from a Rescue document in it's entirety to be sure you are ready for your new pet - it's even printer friendly.